As you may have heard from the news or your favorite apps, a new data law is being launched in Europe known as GDPR which is the most comprehensive change to privacy legislation ever undertaken.
What is GDPR?
GDPR stands for “General Data Protection Regulation”.
GDPR is designed to give EU citizens more control over their data and seeks to unify a number of existing privacy and security laws under one comprehensive law. The new regulation will affect all EU-based merchants, as well as global merchants that market and sell to individuals who are located in the EU.
Who should be compliant?
Under the new GDPR law, there are two types of entities that need to be compliant; the personal data controller and the data processor. A personal data controller is the person or a company that determines the purpose of the data and how it should be processed, and a processor is the person or a company that processes personal data on behalf of the controller. Some businesses can be both the personal data controller and the data processor.
How is Kudobuzz Complying with GDPR?
What are some of the changes we made?
1– Protection of your data
At the core of GDPR is personal data. At Kudobuzz, we are committed to ensuring that any data that comes to us is protected at any stage.
2– More control over your information.
We have made it easier for you to control the information you provide us and you can make choices about your information. All Data Subject Access Requests submitted to email@example.com will be actioned within the required 30 days.
3– More user-friendly language in our policy.
How is Kudobuzz supporting your rights under GDPR?
- You have the right to correct, conclude or upgrade your data if need be.
- You may also request the change of ownership of your account with adequate proof.
- You have the right to request that we cease using your data for direct marketing purposes (e.g. subscription to newsletter or blogs).
- You have the right to authorize us to delete your data. However, do note that if you decide to take this step, you will no longer benefit from our services.
- You can exercise these rights by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. A proof of identity will be required.
Data protection paves way for business trust
If a customer trusts that their data is protected, it is easier for them to share their personal information when need be. This is why Kudobuzz is dedicated to complying with the GDPR and its related laws to ensure our customers feel secure in every way.
With the fast growing pace of the ecommerce world, it is apparent that these laws are amended to provide an outstanding system for the protection of customer data privacy.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the new GDPR laws, feel free to get in touch: email@example.com
Terms of Service and Policies